I am single, and for the most part, happily so. Don’t get me wrong, there are definitely times when I really wish that I was part of a couple. But overall, I am happy with my life. I was at a dinner party last night, and the host and I were chatting about my singlehood. As I looked around the table, I can honestly say that I would not have considered even one of those men as a suitor. One would think that I might be too picky, but believe me that is not the case.
I got to thinking, and realized the different between compromising and settling. I am happy to compromise on my criteria for a mate. I honestly believe that you cannot start out with a list of criteria and I also believe that you will never really get 100% of what you want. But I also don’t think that I am willing to settle for less than what I believe is acceptable.
Quite frankly, looks are not that important to me, and anyone who has seen some of the people I’ve gone out with will vouch for this (sadly!). But education, values, morals, and personality are super important. These are things I will not compromise on. I refuse to settle just to have a man in my life….he must be the right man.
New Rule: Recognize the difference between compromising and settling. And be true to yourself and your needs when faced with this choice.
- SR
Friday, August 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I couldn't agree with you more! Compromise is essential since perfection doesn't exist. Settling, however, is something that most people regret. I love your posts. They always make me think. And the way you express yourself is truly outstanding. SGM
Thanks for your comments, SGM. I am glad you're enjoying the posts.
- SR
Post a Comment