Thursday, July 26, 2007

There are no rules

On one hand there is a prince, a gem of a man who is offering up his heart and soul to me on a silver platter, who would do anything and everything to be with me...

And then there is the selfish, egotistical, lazy, inconsiderate almost-man who, after many months and some tears, has finally made himself available and has finally expressed interest in taking me out for the evening.

Smart rules would say, go for the prince, reciprocate his feelings, relish in loving and being loved, be treated as you deserve to be. Don't waste your time with Almost-Man. He doesn't deserve your time or attention. All he wants is to get laid, and you know that perfectly well.

OK fine. But maybe I am not so smart. Maybe I don't always follow the "smart" rules. After all, I am only human, and I enjoy being wanted just as much as the next girl.

New Rule: When it comes to needing to feel desired, maybe it's OK to break the smart rules now and then. As long as you don't beat yourself up about it.

- EJ

No comments: