Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Gratitude….

I believe that god answers all prayers……and sometimes the answer is No. At times like this, we lose our faith. We get angry with god. Sometimes we even forsake him. I know I’ve definitely been there. But then, as time passes, I look back at my life and I realize that had I received that which I thought I so desperately wanted, ultimately it would not have been good for me. I have seen so many examples of this in my life, and the outcome has always been the same. My life has been much better because I did not get that job, didn’t marry that boy, or didn’t get on that plane.

It’s like being a child in a mother’s lap, happily enjoying sweets. After a point, the mother will take away the sweets because she knows that it is just not good for the child. The child throws a fit, and retaliates not knowing, and not accepting, that she has done what will ultimately be the best for him. In the same way, when sometimes we do not get what we want, it might just be because it was not the best for us.

New Rule: Be grateful for what you have; But be just as grateful for what you didn’t get.

- SR

No comments: