Monday, April 23, 2007

A New Rule to Effect Immediately...

How many times have you heard a friend say the following:

“………I just don’t get him! He said he would he would (be there, do that) but he didn’t!! I feel like his work/family/hobby/whatever always gets priority over me…I just don’t get it. I don’t understand him. He said X but he did Y……”

As I sat and listened to yet another friend say pretty much the same thing yet again, I realized….she was not tuned in to HIM; She was only tuned in to what SHE wanted.

In relationships particularly, you can wish, hope and want a million things that won’t happen and then time and again get frustrated and likely exclaim, “I just don’t get him!!” The problem is….he is showing you who he really is, and unfortunately, you refuse to believe him because you just want to hold on to your idea of who you want him to be.

New Rule: People always SHOW you who they are. Believe them!!! Or, proceed at your own risk, and prepare for heartache.

PS: This New Rule applies to ALL relationships, regardless of gender, race, religion etc..

- SR

No comments: